It’s the end of Week 2 at the new job and it has been productive. Part of that may be because I ingested a decent amount of coffee. (I can’t get enough Bridgehead coffee and tea after being away from Ottawa for so long – I hope they expand to other cities in the near future.)
Late last week, I got Evergreen set up to act as a Z39.50 server following the instructions on the project’s DokuWiki. SRU worked fine out of the box and Simple2Zoom was easy to install and get working. I was retrieving records with yaz-client in no time.
This week, while testing the server with other Z39.50 clients, I found and fixed a bug in Simple2Zoom that was causing us some minor trouble. The first bug fixed in a new job, however small, is always very satisfying.
: Okay, it’s not really a “new” job – I worked here during my co-op term last fall.